View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #17
ULFGARD

Default Re: The use of DOLLARS not a fantasy/medieval money system. WHY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB View Post
There is NO doubt in my mind that DF should have had it's own fantasy/medieval GOLD system and not DOLLARS! Why the dollars? The dollars makes DF look like a GURPS supplement still trying to be universal! Telling the reader to convert? WHY? WHY did you do this????

I hope you do a second printing and give DF it's own fantasy/medieval monetary system. Let DF be its OWN. That was the idea right?? This would make a HUGE difference!

Dollars??? Converting? What were you thinking?? Mind boggling!

Otherwise let me say that I purchased the PFDs and I am VERY pleased with DF so far. I will mention my other thoughts regarding DF in other posts.

Been DMing GURPS since the beginning.

I appreciate the opportunity to post my thoughts and opinion.
Peace.
There's nothing preventing you from creating as simple or complex a coinage system as you like. Here "$" is a stand-in for a unit of value comparison, something that would allow your coinage system to work with the published material. My experience has been that complicated monetary systems aren't fun in play, in spite of being cool local color.

In my DFRPG group, I use the word "dollar" interchangeably with "copper penny". Most of my players have a lot of Pathfinder and D&D experience, so I need to distinguish a "$" value from "gp", which has a much higher "$" value in DFRPG.