View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #4285
Dalillama

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Patience was never his forte (nor mine, at the moment), though he rationalized it as not wanting all the party to be obviously at the ready. He put his hands together and focused, not so easy with multiple foci, and worked his magic.

In close succession a set of five Disturbances went off in the crowd, two of them near each other and the others better dispersed. The party would note a few reactions:

The tent where Briathos was working fluttered just a little. Apparently you startled him.

Two guys in the crowd definitely heard it, and are discovering the hard way that a surging crowd will only let you to the exits so fast.

A woman in the crowd has the same problem but she's near the back and has less difficulty.

Galen's a little concerned. There shouldn't be noises like that here.

The guy riding the roof of his car, though, that's where things get weird. He definitely heard it and is looking around, more curious than alarmed, until the car jolts underneath him. The thing is, the car tries to jolt in two opposite directions, left and right, as though the front wheels were trying to get away from each other. The man on the back holds the rope tightly and murmurs comforting words in a language only Glen seems to understand.

"Apollo?" There's a hint of fear in Corat's voice.

"No," Ryuki answers drolly. "A slightly off-Broadway Phaeton. Or at least I hope so, because Doug Hara was a lot more watchable than this guy."
"A damn fool, in my book. What the hell is he up to?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch leans over to Kane and Ryuki "Is the fellow on the car a Ethereal do we think? Could we use his presence to convince Galen that we at least just want to talk rather then take him out?"
"Not if Sunae violently ejects him we can't."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote