View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 09:22 AM   #94
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [GAME] Conceive a Cross Dimensional Fantasy Milieu

Answer 25b

The two sets Pelvic bones of Suchus are distinct and separate. the left side is tilted at an angle that makes is difficult for anthing that doesn't fly to live there. The right side of the pelvic girdle is home to a population of Elluumeragh (mer), and has a single portal that opens only intermittently. These mer are skilled with a great number of semi-toxic effects, wielding blowguns capable of inflicting drowsiness, paralysis, nausea, death, and other effects upon victims (including a few benign ones like sleep).

Question 63- Espionage
Does the Calledron Empire, or any groups within it, operate any kind of spy agencies?

There a few kinds of spying sponsored by Calledron governments.

The imperial geographers are charged with knowing whatever the emperor or another archmage needs to know about foreign lands. This includes what the governments of foreign lands are up to. The geographers present themselves as somewhere between scholarly and bureaucratic, always interviewing travelers about what they saw on their latest journey. They may possibly have covert agents in foreign courts.

Each archmage's army has a group of spies responsible for gathering information about the enemy. The size of this force varies with how much trouble the archmage is expecting and on his personality. These units are usually focused on specific military threats.

High Society events in Calledron are either espionage under the guise of partying or partying under the guise of espionage. They are the tool by which archmages keep an eye on what each other are doing. An archmage who isn't represented at such an event risks being in the dark as to what his compatriots are doing. Its also a great place to boast or spread misinformation. Such events fund a feed a number of professional domestic spies.

Question 84: What are the native inhabitants of Gnomon like?

Question 85: Who are the native inhabitants of Eddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork View Post
Portal networks are created by the annihilation of true Gods.
huh. I'm not sure how that fits with everything. Which God died to make the river of seasons, or was that just moved? Are there only 18 god-killing civilizations? I suppose it explains why these civilizations keep falling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork View Post
Laying aside for the moment what that says about their family dynamics,
picking it back up again, that's a serious growth curve! watch where you swing that thing!

If a mother and father have 4 surviving children between the ages of 20 and 40 (averaging 30), over the course of 200 years you'll get a x100 increase, which only gives us 3 million imperials (which is a low number for "millions") and 7 full strength archmages.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote