View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 01:08 PM   #71
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [GAME] Conceive a Cross Dimensional Fantasy Milieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
Doesn't the access to summoning indicate a fourth, Academic Thaumalogical power source, i.e. regular Magery (whether spells, RPM or whatever)? Or are you including that in Innate?
In answer #30, (post 32) the ability to summon is described as such:
Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
Quote:
Magic is found as specific abilities of supernatural creatures (many of which are intelligent) and in the exotic properties of various substances (like Calledronite)
It is possible to summon a being from another realm with the right combination of Abilities, materials and knowledge.
So I'd say that access to summoning is both innate and material, and does not add a fourth category. I'm not sure if the "And" between Abilities, materials, and knowledge can be interpreted as an "or", allowing specific substances to make it available to anyone.

I have a strong dislike for generic magery. Magic systems become more robust and more interesting when they do fewer (and thus more specific) things and have more requirements in order to do those things.

So lets ask a question:

Question 65:
What's one combination of materials and abilities (innate or divine) that permits summoning?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote