View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #20
Wavefunction

Default Re: GURPS Overhaul - Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
If you read the entire first post, you may notice that the system actually started out much like this. I opted to go with MP because I preferred that paradigm. It has also lent itself to something else, which I'm working on a blog post for currently (probably won't be published today, but you never know).
Oh, I did read the entire post, I'm just throwing out there that this is a solid alternative system that may be simpler to implement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
That's something that would be doable without Combat Posture, actually. Rolling twice at the same skill level and managing at least one success is roughly equivalent to rolling once at +2. Rolling twice at the same skill level and managing two successes is roughly equivalent to rolling once at -2. Three is around +3, four is +4, and so forth (technically, it starts slowing down, but this probably works out alright). With that in mind, resolving 2 attacks with one roll is +2 to hit, Rcl 4. 3 attacks is +3 to hit, Rcl 3. 4 attacks is +4 to hit, Rcl 3 (actually, more like Rcl 8/3). I'd be tempted to just simplify it to +1 to hit per attack, Rcl 3. To do it with MP, it's simply a cost of 4 MP per additional attack (to negate the -6 for Rapid Strike; note this is only 2 MP for characters with Trained by a Master or Weapon Master).
Yeah, that sounds fairly reasonable.
Wavefunction is offline   Reply With Quote