View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 12:46 AM   #6
Kaslak

Default Re: [The Last Gasp] Acceleration based AP cost and Enhanced Move 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Instead of a free step maybe we should just have AP for legs and have that regenerate separately from AP for arms.

That way someone could opt to spend it for walking indefinitely or for being stationary and stamping on someone.
That creates the free kick issue, doesn't it? But I get your message, I guess you mean one for striking and one for moving.

To be honest, there are also cases where your idea as written, of a limited location based ap regeneration definitely makes sense and is needed as an advantage, such as bionic limbs at high tl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole
For the record, I did try to unify this over short and long time scales, and never found something that worked. Even a complex something that worked. And given the complexity I was willing to embrace in the article, that's saying something.

Were I to do it over again now, I'd try and approach it differently to make it smoother at the table, but at the moment my hands are full with other things.
The article does already more than many game system dare to try on such a complex topic, and in a very playable way (using tokens for instance) and I am happy to have added the issue to my collection.

On the GM side, knowing that it is meant as a "local aporoximation" gives some leeway to house rule the extrapolations, without going into the analysis paralysis loop :)
If I ever get to make a consistent set of house rules I'll be happy to share.
Kaslak is offline   Reply With Quote