View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 09:39 AM   #6
TippetsTX

Default Re: TFT Powers - Mystic Monk portfolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
Most or all of the stances seem to have some non-combat uses. If someone wants to use a stance when no combat is happening, can they do that, and if so, how long can they keep it going?
TBH, I hadn't really considered using stances outside of combat. There's no duration limits, only the ST-based per day limits so if a character wanted to use 'Master of Fire' to cross several hexes of fire, for example, I would allow it but they are burning one of their uses per day.

Quote:
In the turn to switch stances, presumably no stance benefits apply, but does the user have to take the Cast Spell option, or can they be doing other things during that turn?
If they are disengaged, then I was thinking the could still use the DODGE action during the 'cooldown' turn, but if engaged, then they should be limited to SHIFT & DEFEND.

Quote:
Similarly, when going from no stance to using a stance, does that take one turn of no-stance before being able to use stance effects? And does that require taking an action to do so while not doing other things?
I think this should be treated as READYING A WEAPON.

Quote:
When going from one stance to another, when exactly does one have to choose which other stance one is going to change to?
They should choose the new stance when they decide to make the switch (just before the 'cooldown' turn), but as with certain spells, they do not have to announce to their opponent what stance they will be switching to.

Quote:
What if you're in a stance and want to go to not using any stance - does that take a turn of not doing other things?
Maybe, but probably not.