View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 04:11 PM   #81
Hide

Default Re: Can In Nomine be resurrected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
As soon as you do anything with the In Nomine game that means you're bringing in money, you have to obtain a license from us. (...)
Yes, totally agreed. I meant that one could develop his own custom content for his own personal use without violating a license (hence, personal level), for example:

(1) Making your own conversion of IN to 4E and play with your friends at home
(2) Doing some market research and benchmarking In Nomine (identifying its pros & cons) to make a formal study and then (hypothetically) make a formal proposal of work to SJG.

My point is that IN fans could push the project by doing some formal work for the company, just as another established company might do before venturing into business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I can't see us willingly spinning up a third line and I don't think a 4E GURPS In Nomine is in the cards, either (although an *update* PDF, along the lines of ones done for Transhuman Space, might be a possibility (...) Honestly, I think the *most* likely path would be for another established game company (...) I know this is a discouraging answer. I wish things were otherwise; I like In Nomine and I wanted to see more content for it.
I do not think your comments are discouraging. I believe they help clearing some of the questions the fans may have about In Nomine’s situation. Thanks for your insight!