Thread: 14-Hex Dragon
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 10:06 PM   #24
Skarg

Default Re: 14-Hex Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
What talents does the average dragon know?
Good question. I wouldn't add talents to summons or illusionary dragons. I think typical talents depend on the age and lifestyle of the dragon, but I think very common would be languages, recognize value, and tactics. I think many would learn detect lies. I think the longer-lived ones would tend to have more and more of the survival-related talents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles G. View Post
Another issue with dragons: why do the tails only (potentially) knock someone down? Why not allow damage, as well, since even a Reptile Man can do damage with their much smaller tails?
Another excellent comparison point. Again, I might want to keep the limit for illusions of dragons and maybe summoned ones, but I agree actual dragons should be able to hurt things with tail strikes if reptile men (or even the new ST 12 reptile children) can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippetsTX View Post
You know, the more I think about it, the description doesn't actually say that dragons can't cast spells (although I would concede that was probably the intent). It just says "they are never wizards" which could be reasonably interpreted to mean that dragons use the 'hero' template for how they spend IQ. So therefore, they can learn spells, albeit at the higher cost of 3-points per.
Well, yes, you're right... hmm.

It's one of those cases where someone might start to miss the original-edition -4 penalty for non-wizards to cast spells...

GM: You walk into the dragon's lair and discover it may have made it's three-die IQ roll to detect your approach. It seems to have been summoning 7-hex dragons... (rolls dice) you see another appear out of thin air...
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote