View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 01:54 PM   #130
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Nordlond: The Citadel at Nordvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
You know, I haven't been to a con since I lived in California in the early aughts. Clearly I should remedy this. Do you recommend one over the other?
I've never been to Con of the North; it's an RPG Con, though, while CONVergence is SciFi/Fantasy Fandom.

In practice, that means CONVergence is mostly cosplay, TV, cinema, and written fiction. It's *thematically* on point, but practically . . . while there were RPGs being played there, I think Rasputin said I was the ONLY purveyor of RPG Warez on the dealer floor at CONVergence . . . and I did about $300 worth of business or so while there. Basically covered most of my costs.

Con of the North is probably smaller, but it's a GAMING convention, so I'd expect that more folks are there to play and shop.

Though honestly, if you "just" want to attend a Con and not drown in people, try GameHole Con or Gary Con. They're both in striking distance of the Twin Cities and SJG is at both, I think. That's where I got formal word from Steve himself about Nordvorn, and when I asked how I could do more, he said "publish for TFT," which I did.

I want to go back to GameHole in 2020 with a table of my own; I just need to get on the stick and make sure I get my application in on time.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote