View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 02:38 PM   #14
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

2:1 ratio for AP:FP cost is fine, so in that case instead of being at 9/12 AP and 11/12 FP, I would be at 7/12 AP and 12/12 FP. I was also thinking that using "Second Wind" to burn 1 FP to regain 50AP should perhaps cost a Ready maneuver in its basic form, but if you make a will roll then you can do it as a free action, sort of like a Quick-Draw?

Since you lose AP equal to shock, I would allow reducing people involuntarily below 0 AP, but in that case they would uncontrollably spend the FP, which would force them to take a Ready unless they made their will check (which would also be subject to the shock penalty, since IQ based)

back to 282 at https://dicelog.com/joinlogdice (I am willing to invite anyone else who wants to provide a registered e-mail, if you want to check our numbers, BTW, since I think only we can see them right now)

I guess I should have made a deceptive attack! I was hoping your parry would fail...

I think in cases of weird stuff like you punching me in the shin or the foot, you've opted to crouch? If you absolutely don't want to crouch, I think I'd be okay with substituting a "Do Nothing" (without the +4 bonus on HT roll to recover AP, of course) if a must-crouch thing came up on the table...

We probably should take the -2 to skill for crouching into account in the future if you remain crouched or if either of us must enter a crouch to attack a low target. The -2 to use arms to parry lower body in MA actually makes this a pretty decent deal (leg parries might be preferable!)

In your case since you rolled 8 v 12, you still would have succeeded with 8 v 10 so it doesn't affect the result.

In response to your shin-punch, I'm going to Dodge using Feverish Defense this time (the -2 to parry attacks on lower body makes dodging more attractive, even if Cross Parrying makes them equal numbers) spending 3 AP and... I fail with a 13, which is over my target number of 11 (9 grows to 10 with one foe, shrinks to 8 from deceptive, grows to 10 from feverish...

I'm not sure how I got 11, I was intending to retreat for a +3 but I guess since I only added a +1 I'll consider that a "slip" attempt) so you hit, please roll damage against my shin.

(I took the 1st roll, for some reason it rolled 12 times, I must have mistakenly added a 2 after the default 1 in "Roll how many times" without noticing... it seems they also cut off long messages so I'll try and figure out a short-hand and leave longer explanations for here)

I don't think shins have DR by default (1 DR as a house rule probably wouldn't hurt, considering the skull has 2, but I leave it up to you, since this would benefit Arthur), but perhaps it should be easier to Hurt Yourself when hitting shins with body parts in general? It certainly is when shins knock shins so I don't see why it wouldn't be when knuckles knock shins...

After we resolve Damage / Shock since I'm slipping into your rear hex (having already closed into close combat with you) we'll resolve my Evade vs your Obstruct context afterward. I'll be doing a 180 degree turn to face your back at the end of my turn, of course, since I don't want you starting your turn in my rear hex :)

Last edited by Plane; 11-07-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote