Thread: GURPS On Demand
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 09:04 AM   #69
Anaraxes

Default Re: GURPS On Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit View Post
hello. i currently own a very preloved (disintergrated glue spine loose pages) gurps basic set third edition.
So, you're interested in more 3e books (as opposed to the current edition, 4e)? Many of them are available in PDF. And some people prefer to stick with 3e over 4e.

Quote:
i could probably be happy playing almost any genre, but i am quite interested in lovecraftian/horror, and steampunk/sci-fi/alternatives
Well, to start with the... hm, I can't say "core" or "basics", can I? :) So, the foundation for genres you might want to look at:

GURPS Horror - The general genre book. Not just Lovecraftian, but all sorts of horror.
GURPS Steampunk - Again, the genre starting place
GURPS Space - Again, a book about the genre. There's no specific setting here, but rather a lot of worldbuilding rules and information on environments, generating planets and star systems, equipment and starship rules, and so on.
GURPS High-Tech - The gear and weapons book for everything from the Renaissance up to modern day (keeping in mind that 3e is a couple of decades old). (The one for stone age through medieval is called "Low-Tech". The one for SF gadgetry is "Ultra Tech" and "Ultra Tech 2".)
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote