View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 11:36 PM   #7
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Default Re: [Space] System Generator

Agemogos,

I was talking about the entry of the constants you want for the system, as far as using the whole .pdf. Once you hit the randomize button, the hope was to print out the relevant information on the Planetary Record sheet(the second to last page in the .pdf) It's one page, has world/system info, and seems fairly well summarized. Even has a hex map for where certain land features might be, although I think that would be up to the individual GM to fill in.

The only problem with it is if you have multiple colonies within a single system, you would need to make a separate sheet for each colony as regards to it's economic/etc info, as all there is room for right now is colony data on one colony. I don't think it's unreasonable to presume that most systems will have one major economic/political center, and if a system has multiple ones, you can always just copy over the system info to a new sheet, focusing on a different colony per sheet. If you need more data because your players are going to be spending a whole lot of time in one system, well then you probably won't be doing random generation and will probably want more detailed notes for it anyways(I wouldn't try to run a THS campaign off of planetary record sheets, even with one record sheet per planet, for example.)

An index page and batch mode may be beyond the scope of the project, (unless e23 starts paying me, that is, but I'll need to put some serious thought into how much time/effort I can afford to put into this, as I'm heading into my Junior year of mechanical engineering this fall.) But, I'll see how much extra work it would be once I actually get started. No promises.

Thanks for the responses, and I'll try to post regular updates about the status of the project. Or at the very least let you know when it's finished.

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote