View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #16
scc

Default Re: [Space] Multiple/Lots of Stars in one system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoricus View Post
This star system is not likely be stable long term, given how severely the orbits of the subcompanion stars overlap. The orbits of 4 and 5 should be adjusted so that their maximum separation is less than 90 AU and preferably about thirty. Alternatively, move Star 3's orbit out by 500 to 1000 AU if you want to keep the subcompanions where they are.
I thought as much, or at least something along those lines.
Quote:
Or take a third option and make a plot point of the instability of this star system.

Was going to do something like that, a plot point was that Star 3 is going to be the closest it's going for a long time and Star 2 will very close to it at the time, perfect for a slowboat colony trip (Setting is TL 7)

Quote:
The +4 modifier for having a garden world should probably applied only once, as the description for the modifier only makes reference to 'a' garden world. As for the trinary modifier, it only applies to the second companion in a trinary system. As for the rest, see my earlier remarks in this thread.
That +4 mod is very poorly worded, you could read it to be +4 * the total number of stars. And I want lots of Stars and thus planets in this system
scc is offline   Reply With Quote