View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 05:32 PM   #29
Celti

Default Re: [Sorcery] Post Your Spells Here

Here's one that's seen use by NPCs in my game, making an interesting challenge for the players (and the party sorcerer promptly bought it).

Mana Fountain
Keywords: Obvious.
Full Cost: 90 points with house rules or 293 by RAW.
Casting Roll: None.
Range: Self.
Duration: 30 seconds (special cooldown, see below).

This spell creates a massive fountain of glowing magical energy to suffuse the caster, causing them to regenerate HP, FP, and ER at a rate of 10 points per second for thirty seconds. Once this spell is activated, the caster cannot switch spells for the duration of this regeneration and for five minutes thereafter, making it unwise to use without access to simultaneous spells!

Statistics (House Rules): Regeneration (Extreme; Fatigue & Energy Recovery, +200%; Maximum Duration, 30 seconds, -75%; Nuisance Effect, Cannot switch spells with this slot until cooldown expires, -5%; Sorcery, -20%; Visible, -10%) [90].
Statistics (RAW): Regeneration (Extreme; Fatigue & Energy Recovery, +200%; Maximum Duration, 30 seconds, -75%; Nuisance Effect, Cannot switch spells with this slot until cooldown expires, -5%; Sorcery, -15%; Visible, -10%) [293].

The relevant house rules we use are Multiplicative Modifiers and Costs Fatigue at -10% per level.
Why yes, that does mean I've had to go and re-stat every blasted Sorcery spell!
Why do I do this to myself? Really, why...?
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote