View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #7
Sunrunners_Fire

Default Re: Insubstantiality and the Ter'ai Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Sounds like Modifying Unarmed Attack from Power-Ups 4: Enhancements using Affect Substantial.
Unfortunately, that wouldn't allow the insubstantial to treat the character as insubstantial for all intents and purposes (beneficial and otherwise). If I did it that way, then I'd have to create a disadvantage that allows the desired behavior and I'm not aware of any existing trait I could use as a guideline for pricing that one.

Its' not merely Affects Insubstantial, +20%. It is also Affected By Insubstantial, -X%.

Hence my desire for a single trait that enables the desired behavior rather than putting a global enhancement and a global limitation on the character sheet. (Given that I use multiplicative modifiers in my games ... Heh.)

Its' definitely an advantage to be able to act upon (and be acted upon by) both the substantial and insubstantial worlds as if one is native to both. Something of a disadvantage too, mind, but I'd expect it to come out to a net positive value; I wouldn't expect the modifiers to zero out each other.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote