View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 11:17 AM   #48
PK

Default Re: GURPS After the End 1: Wastelanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
How come you didn't release 1 & 2 at the same time?
We still await the signal from our Secret Masters. When it is time for The New World, they shall send a dove to land on our window, shed a single red feather (previously unseen), and then fly away.

. . . or it might be that we never do that because this way you have a chance to read and internalize the first book before we throw its follow-up at you. That way people can also space out their purchases without feeling overwhelmed or "behind" because they can't keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
Yes, the 2nd volume (Action 2, DF2, MH2) provides a huge amount of meatiness in the form of GMing procedures for how to resolve situations likely to come up and making sure that purchased abilities see use, but the 1st volume is the one that indicates the types of characters that are meant to be created
I agree with this 100%. The first volume of a series says just as much about the series as the second or later volumes. Wastelanders sets the tone of the game by suggesting what niches are valuable in this setting, what their approximate power level should be, and what sort of traits they have access to. From reading it, you know how After the End handles /TL skills, that most cinematic traits aren't assumed to be available by default, how gear and trading will be treated, and what types of heroes the game assumes you'll be playing. And all that is just as much a part of the worldbuilding as anything you'll find in the upcoming volume.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote