View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 05:03 AM   #4277
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
The crowd points him out, as if there was any doubt about who 'The Preacher' was who requested the song. It is in fact Galen. And "Whiskey in the Jar" with a solid EDM beat plays, and the crowd can't resist. Dancing ensues.

It was a solid plan. Sunae's girl-friends start cheering for the previous DJ, and their guy-friends, hoping to get lucky, back their play. Ryuki goes stone-faced, Corat looks worried for Cameron, and I can't speak for any of the PC's.

I can tell you that the attention Galen got has wound up someone else, someone who wants the, um, spotlight on himself. A car emerges from under a tent, surging forward slowly and unevenly as though it had two drive trains instead of only one. Of course, the awkward steering could be the fact that the only visible driver of this car is standing on its roof, one hand wrapped tightly around a rope that is hitched under the hinges of its hood. He's young, with curly brown hair and nicely tanned skin for a white guy, and he's decided this rather odd old car is his personal bronco. The fact of a car in this crowd gets the crowd to part, and the sheer bravado of it gets him howls of amazement. He hoots in joy and appreciation.

It is clear to any but the entirely normal that this man is not a mortal man at all.
((Okay, I completely misunderstood. Ignore the previous post quoted above and go with this.))

The crowd points him out, as if there was any doubt about who 'The Preacher' was who requested the song. It is in fact Galen. And "Whiskey in the Jar" with a solid EDM beat plays, and the crowd can't resist. Dancing ensues.

It was a solid plan. Some girls in the crowd, misunderstanding, start cheering for the previous DJ, and their guy-friends, hoping to get lucky, back their play. Ryuki goes stone-faced and Corat looks worried for Cameron, until the name clicks in Ryuki's head. She's not calling for the previous DJ--she's asking for the music artist "DJ Tiesto". Sunae's buddies are momentarily outnumbered.

Ryuki taps a girl on the shoulder. "EDM Adagio." He has to shout a little bit. "By Tiesto," and he indicates to her to carry the message up to Cameron at the booth. It was an older track, but the clubs he went to seemed to like that one, and it had a human touch to it.

After the message passes through a few hands, it get to Cameron intact enough to get the gist of it. After all, she knows her music.

I can tell you that the attention Galen got has wound up someone else, someone who wants the, um, spotlight on himself. A car emerges from under a tent, surging forward slowly and unevenly as though it had two drive trains instead of only one. Of course, the awkward steering could be the fact that the only visible driver of this car is standing on its roof, one hand wrapped tightly around a rope that is hitched under the hinges of its hood. He's young, with curly brown hair and nicely tanned skin for a white guy, and he's decided this rather odd old car is his personal bronco. The fact of a car in this crowd gets the crowd to part, and the sheer bravado of it gets him howls of amazement. He hoots in joy and appreciation.

It is clear to any but the entirely normal that this man is not a mortal man at all