View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 08:18 AM   #314
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

[QUOTE=Plane;2326443]Hm, if we used someting like 1 FP = 5 AP (basic HT 10 burning ratio of 50%) them you could roll every 12 seconds to see if you lost 1 AP? Or maybe once every 10 seconds just to be rounder... or maybe roll every 1 second to see if you lose 0.1 AP? :)[quote]
no fractional AP please. Loosing AP rather than FP feels like a tactic to limit how far I can go to the smallest amount possible, but looking at it from outside the exact situation, I can see its merits. I'm not sure if the recovery curve works super well though: you can go forever by running for a minute and loosing 5 AP, then walking for 10 seconds to get it all back.

Quote:
No idea, I think it's only possible because of the whole "step is a minimum of one hex" thing regardless of whatever your Full Move is.
I agree. And I don't even mind it when the fight is about retreats and back and forth, but when you use it to chase me when under 1/3rd HP and a bum leg it feels wrong.

Quote:
I guess I roll HT now to see if I get AP back?
Yep.

Quote:
I got an 11 which I think is too high so it fails and I get nothing. I guess I'll continue evaluating you (can't remember if we put a range cap on that?) your turn again.
I think you only have a -1 to HT right now? that makes an 11 an exact success. I'm not opposed to evaluations at range. Its weird though, because you can only move towards me AND recover AP at the same time if evaluate is legal.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote