View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #188
whswhs

Default Re: Comment my megacorporation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsua View Post
Not really. The companies were there, and they were doing very fine, but they want to merge to facilitate inter-company cooperation. Basically there is a corporation dedicated to transportation, another dedicated to information technology and entertainment, a pharmaceutical company and a last one focused to health care. The four companies have collaborated closely together for a long time, and their intention is to merge. Each company alone already has a value in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
It seems to me that the close cooperation you describe will already have drawn attention from regulators. I myself am not in favor of most antitrust laws, but I don't suppose the people who administer them are idiots. If there's an elephant in the room they'll see it. If there are four elephants dancing with each other. . . .

I think on one hand the technologies for mind control you describe have to exist for the company to take over the United States; but on the other hand it has to take over the United States to be allowed to develop the technologies.

And I'd also note that if mind control is as potent as you suggest, then the takeover has already reached the endgame and you have no interesting stories left to tell. Certainly all the legal maneuverings and military conquest become irrelevant.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.