View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #24
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [MA] Finger Lock - what's the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Alcohol is likely to brunt or even negate the pain of even a broken finger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
To an extent, but it tends to blunt or negate other methods of drawing the drinkers attention to things faster though!

It's not about crippling someone with pain (which I agree is not close to certain with finger locks), its about focussing attention or dissuading someone.
Yeah, pretty much. It can reduce pain, but from my expeirence (within and without) it mostly blunts you thinking about it. You know you're hurt, but it's not a huge concern at the moment. Pain still hurts (ignore Swayze for the moment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
I've never been a bouncer or even in a fight. But I thought once drunks get violent, their ability to judge situations reasonably, even slightly, has long since left the building.
Sometimes. There are the "clear-headed" drunks who are still buzzed, but still okay. Sometimes they're spoiling for a fight, sometimes they just want to talk and are super-chatty. Those type can be dangerous as hell, because their inhibitions are loose, but their ability to think isn't really affected. These are the sorts of folks who can drink a fifth, drive home, and get into bed before passing out. I knew this one boomer who could drink like a fish and pass any sobriety test he needed to.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote