View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #35
Stormcrow

Default Re: Do you have any special rules/restrictions to regulate character advancement paci

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I don't have very good experiences with players demanding sequels to campaigns that I have ended (even inexplicably for campaigns that ended apocalyptically). If I say the campaign is over, I want it to be over.
Irrelevant. I'm not talking about players demanding sequels, I'm talking about the GM running a sequel.

Quote:
In the case of AlexanderHowl's suggestion, do they get the five points at the end of the troll wars? In which case that's the same as giving them the points at the end of a major story arc, whether you call that a "campaign" or not.
And my point is that that is the definition of "campaign" being used. There is another one, the one YOU'RE using, which doesn't mean that. You're applying YOUR definition to a statement made using the OTHER definition.

Quote:
Giving them five points after I said that I don't intend to run it again
... is not the situation I described.

Quote:
Giving them five points after I ended the world and they ascended into paradise and are very clearly not PCs anymore is going to encourage them to try to give me an aneurysm.
My example was of Norsemen saving their village, not ending the world. You are building straw men.
Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote