View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 11:14 PM   #36
Skarg

Default Re: Aid Spell, Damage, and Fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
... Also, sorry if I misrepresented you, Skarg. If I understand correctly, the 2 fatigue from berserk is, in your opinion, a debt taken whenever one goes berserk. If he goes berserk, receives Aid and comes out while the Aid is in effect, you don't count that as using up Aid ST because the debt was there before the spell was cast. Or something.
No worries.

That's one of my lines of reasoning, which all lead me to the same conclusion for my own games.

The simplest line of reasoning for me is that the spell only mentions you can use Aid ST to cast spells. It doesn't say you can use it for absorbing wounds. Seems to me the spell makes your ST attribute go up for two turns. After that, your ST attribute stops being boosted. That to me has nothing to do with making injuries vanish. And I tend to think it wouldn't have to do with non-spell types of exertion either, but I'm not bothered if my GM says he'll let non-spell fatigue use up Aid ST. (I'm just kind of bothered when it can make wounds vanish.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
No doubt I'm overthinking things. I ain't never had a player cast Aid ever.
Wow! It can be a really, really useful spell when used in, well, many ways. (Yet another minor side reason I don't want it to be also a wound-absorbtion spell.)
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote