View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 02:06 AM   #15
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Mind Control and Body Control Spells vs Elder Things in DF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Is it a power-up? I've never seen an ogre PC, so I haven't really noticed.
Yup, it's in Power-Ups.

Ogres are just brutal as PCs... but armor and weapons are expensive. Especially if they are Barbarians (SM +2? Yeesh). Which is why mine is a wrestler. And completely not Immune to Metabolic Hazards (it felt too much like cheating to me).

Quote:
I'd be more willing to rework the entire spell system so that it makes sense. I am hoping the DFRPG addresses some of these issues.
Amen.

Quote:
"Metabolic hazards" as a category of Resistance are defined as those things that only affect the living, Body Control spells are defined as only affecting the living, therefore they are definitely part of the set of things that only affect the living, ergo they are part of the set of "metabolic hazards". It may not be the intent, but it is pretty straightforward.
I had a long paragraph in here... but I'm coming around to this. Not that I agree with this interpretation, but that IMH is simply written poorly.

Being in a choke hold is a threat to living things... ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis.

Quote:
Maybe it is asking Kromm time?
I'm enjoying the back and forth so far. But if someone wants The Final Answer, I'm not adverse to hearing it.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote