View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #15
chandley

Default Re: Can you stack linked damage against DR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
@chandley: Ah, ok. That idea words, in fact with the idea I had in mind your suggestion might even work better since armor eroding properties of corrosive was what I was interested in. Thanks!

So pretty much take the point cost of the damage type you want to add, multiple it by ten and throw a percentage sign on it to make it a modifier.
Actually, I estimated it as "Corrosion innate attacks are twice as expensive as crushing innate attacks, which are kind of the default, so +100% might fly as an enhancement" since it isnt in the list in Characters, Powers, Supers or Psionic Powers. Compared to something like Surge, Arcing at +150%, Corrosion at +100% might be close. Others may disagree.

Similarly, if I where adding the effects of cutting damage to a Corrosion Innate Attack (so, better wounding modifier most places, but especially against neck, veins and arteries, etc), Id call it a +40% enhancement, as Cutting attacks are 40% more expensive than crushing attacks.

Its not a perfect way to estimate, just a place to start. Adjust as needed for your games balance.