View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #34
Plane

Default Re: Number of parries with Martial Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
If an enemy attacks, you parry twice. Then it's the next enemies turn and they attack you as well. Does the penalty NOT continue on the next attacks?
I think B376 is referring to the defender's turn, not the turns of their attackers.

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/faq/FAQ4-3.html#SS3.4.1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.4.1.3 In combat, when does your turn end?
Your turn ends after you've chosen, executed, and ended a maneuver – Attack, Concentrate, etc.

For the sole purpose of active defenses, your turn has consequences that extend past that period, until you choose your next maneuver.

Thus, one could say your turn doesn't end until your next one begins.

But everything that refers to turns in the Basic Set – with the sole exception of the active defense rules – hews to the more restricted usage above.
B419's writeup on Shock interestingly appears to mean that the IQ and DX penalty would not apply until you finished that turn and chose a new maneuver... so for example if I had 19 HP (takes 7 damage to cripple my hand) Extra Attack (Multi-Strike) and right-handed punched a fire elemental and burned my hand for 4 HP (triggering -4 to DX from shock) I could make a 2nd right-handed punch at that elemental at no DX penalty, it's only the following second I'd be -4 to punch it.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote