View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 12:57 PM   #4
Refplace

Default Re: Which optional rules do you use for social traits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenant View Post
Similar to my last thread asking about which optional/house rules people uses regarding muscle-powered damage, I'm creating this thread to ask how the social aspect of a game is implemented on other's game. That is, do you use rules from supplements like Social Engineering or Boardroom and Curia? Do you have specific house rules tweaking social advantages or disadvantages?
Not really any house rules I can think of.
I like Contacts overall and certainly dont have a problem with the Reliability modifier. Most people pay more attention to the name than the mechanics, Somewhat Reliable at *1 cost is no worse than rolling the skill yourself really.
Where I do think Contacts could be changed is to make them use Limited Use rather than Frequency of Appearance modifiers.
As it is now its often better to buy an Ally or Patron for the same cost.

I like Rank, I think the AR roll is too hard for most campaigns but cant argue its unrealistic.
I'd recommend a PC take an appropriate wildcard skill and use points for success to make those rolls.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote