View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 09:57 PM   #48
kirbwarrior

Default Re: [Basic] Catfall, Very Fit and Peripheral Vision Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenant View Post
Another good point. The highest vertical jump an average human with Basic Move 5 can make is around 1 yard, so Catfall effectively quintuples the safe falling distance. Keeping this multiplier instead of fixed value would surely make the advantage better for all, including very agile characters (eg a traceurs with Basic Move 8 could jump down 10 yards).
Quintuple max high jump sounds great for Acrobatics and Catfall and lines up closely with RAW, plus it lets them always be useful with any level of Super Jump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
It produces a long jump that's almost 5 full feet beyond the record and official or not it's a place where the rules are broken.
The rules for jumps I think are just bad in general. Your broad jump seems to get too big, especially compared to high jump. I think it's about x4 high jump which looks really silly when you get extreme numbers. Then again, I also dislike how there are flat modifiers in the equation but I'm not sure what a 'good' fix to that would be.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote