View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #13
weby

Default Re: [Basic] Catfall, Very Fit and Peripheral Vision Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionPeacock View Post
Has anybody created some houserule to reduce the cost of Catfall, Very Fit and Peripheral Vision? These traits seems highly overpriced and plenty of comments that would agree with me can be found on older threads.
As a player I don't think I'd ever pay more than [5] for Catfall and Peripheral Vision, or [10] for Very Fit (maybe 360º Vision as well).
Like all advantages, the utility depends on the game and character.

Catfall is very useful if you have a game with a lot of things at high places like chases on rooftops. It is the halved damage part that makes it specially good in some cases. Falling damage scales up to scary levels fast and will quickly go through most armor. The halving of damage after 5 yards makes you armor work for much longer(though you still take the blunt damage).

But if the campaign does not feature such elements then obviously that is not useful.

Peripheral Vision is again dependent on how commonly you are being fought by more people than own party in a place where they can flank. If you find yourself often being flanked then it is a life saver. If the fights are such that you cannot usually be flanked, then it is basically fairly low use.

Very fit is indeed not very useful usually and would require a rare type of campaign where the ability to run 400 kilometers a day is a useful skill for the campaign. The other very niche case is a campaign with very low limits on attributes and you want higher HT rolls.

But yes, there are a lot of advantages that are wrong price for a lot of campaigns. I have thus toyed at the idea of creating an frequency of appearance multiplier for all advantages for a given campaign based on how often such elements come up in the game.