View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #2
Bruno

Default Re: Questions about setting things on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsell View Post
Normally, a 1" wood board has 2DR/18HP so I'm not sure where this fits in and just ignore it.
That's a problem. the DR subtracts from the damage of your attack - if you don't do damage to the wood, it won't ignite. Of course with (10) that DR isn't too bad, but you can't just handwave it away.

18HP is relevant to how long the board has to burn before it's not a barrier/thing you can whack people with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsell View Post
I believe that the attack should use the armor divisor to divide the ignition point from 30 to 3, so 3 points would set the wood on fire.
That's not correct. The armor divisor is used to divide the DR only. You want the Damage Modifier: Incendiary enhancement if you want it to be more flammable - an Incendiary Burning attack treats things it hits as one flammability class more flammable - ie Brick/Metal/Rock can be set on fire with 30 damage.

Fires set by your attack are not armor penetrating or incendiary, they're just fires. If you want continuing awesome fires, that's what Cyclic is for. It's expensive for a reason.

Woods DR is ablative, so it will burn away on its own without need for a corrosive effect. If you want to melt down iron/stone, Link (+10% to both) a Corrosion attack with Damage Modifier: No Wounding (-50%); it will melt DR without doing extra corrosion damage.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote