View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 08:26 AM   #27
Cat

Default Re: Additional Iron Mountain scenarios?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
Aww. Sucks when that happens, hopefully you can reschedule soon!
Almost had playtest yesterday too, but my NH gaming friend also got the big bad cold that's going around. I am happy that I've been dodging it!

Looking over Andy's thoughts, here's my commentary on them:

*Cliff: Infantry delayed, others prohibited*

I've gone with the same effect, but stated as +1MP to cross. Infantry only move 2, so the end result is the same with less wordage. Also leaves open the possibility of houseruled Jump Troops with 3 MP who also get slowed for crossing but not delayed.

*Mountain: Infantry Slowed (2MP/hex), Infantry +1D, Cannot Fire Beyond, others prohibited.*

This really depends on the tactical flavour you want for playing on the map. This could work well for some scenarios. 'Infantry only' makes a very large and central portion of the map usable only as an infantry slug-fest. 'Infantry slowed' doubles down for a very slow moving infantry slugfest with everyone only moving 1 hex per turn once they're in the mountains. When you are looking for a slow moving infantry slug-fest, these rules would do the trick. It does open up some tactical intrigue of reinforcements circling round on the road before ascending into the fray.

I think you mean D Doubled?

*Upon Terrain Destruction: Fixed 1-2 against all units in the hex*

That's certainly a simple way to handle danger to units. I avoided that in the first draft of the rules I'm starting with just for simplicity's sake. I'm aiming to keep the new rules to a minimum to start with on my playtesting just to avoid overly encumbering game play. I may well add this sort of idea later after I get a feel for how games are actually going and can start weighing how much more to add.

*Replace with 'Damaged Mountain' overlay, which is identical to Mountain except grants +2D. Like all 'Damaged' overlays, all forms of road are automatically cut.*

I would go with D Tripled if undamaged mountains are doubled.