View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 06:46 AM   #108
dds_ks

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#39): Daredevil, Luck, Super Luck

I once had a character with Luck and Super Luck - but the latter had an in-built cost of 8 FP to save some CP. In fact I mostly used the Super Luck for high energy spells as a cost-saver, as a critical success doesn't cost FP. Of course, I also needed a high level of Energy Reserve to make full use of it.

We had a lot of money in this campaign (running our own colony, earning salaries of more than 20.000 $ per month, of course wealth and income paid for with CP), and we had some rules about "how to find a used magic item to buy". Maybe these rules were not perfect, but especially Super Luck saved me at least half a million of $.

Generally speaking, most of my GUPRS characters have Luck, as Luck can really save your character's life. In fact I nearly never used it, as I always wanted to save it for an even more dangerous situation. So instead of once per hour, it was more like once per game session.
However, there was another character that had Luck improved so that he could use it on nearby friends. The player used this on the first die role that was a failure. So he really used it once per hour, which you could say "made maximum use of it". But if I compare, I still think Luck is a life saver, so I wouldn't use it unless it's a really really important die role.
dds_ks is offline   Reply With Quote