Thread: Bestiary 4e
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #14
Mr_Sandman

Default Re: Bestiary 4e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
I used to want a bestiary. I wanted something to gauge against. I wanted real world animals, to see what each stat meant (how strong is string as a polar bear?). I also wanted to have full point builds so when the character took the animal as an ally, I had the point value right. Finally, I wanted a mix of cookie cutter and original monsters for my dungeon delving games.

DFM1 solved the later part, DF5 solved the allies part and I'm starting to not need the rest. I will buy them though, sight unseen. Mind you, I understand the issues with providing full builds with full point costs. DF5 could do it, so maybe we will get DFn: Moar Allies.

Part of the issue is that GURPS is so vast, so adaptable, so modular, that what works me won't work for most people.
Thanks for pointing out DF5 as a source for animal stats. I'm less interested in animal allies, than templates for Morph, so I never thought to look at that. After checking out the table of contents, I realize I'll probably have to pick that up soon. I'd still love to see lots more real world animals stated out.

I don't really need monsters, I can make up imaginary things on my own, or stat up fictional creatures. There's no concern then whether I'm getting it exactly right, because they don't really exist. I find coming up with templates of real animals on the fly for a shapeshifting character much more intimidating.
Mr_Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote