View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #49
Andreas

Default Re: Skill for laying low in an urban area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
If you had to do this for real, under a time pressure and with all sorts of things you really needed to accomplish before you left, there wouldn't be a +10 TDM anymore. There might be a +4 to +6 TDM if you had prepared beforehand and got some warning, but that still gets into the territory where actually having a skill level higher than default starts to be useful.
In the scenario I mentioned, the character had a day to prepare. That is not a very harsh time preasure.

If the time gets much shorter, then that can become harder. On the other hand you might just have thought through the scenario sometime in the past. Either like I have done just now, or by hearing about how some criminal using their credit card got caught like that. I don't think that is at all unusual.

Quote:
If a PC is going to start with his beginning Wealth specifically stored in a form ready for going on the run, I'd generally demand that the backstory explained why and that would tend to come with skills related to this reason.
Sure, but that is not needed to be able to prepare for running away though. Having a small amount of cash and being able to withdraw some on short notice is not at all implausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Just about every bank I know of has a limit on how much you can withdraw at once, usually about $500 or $1000. Which won't get you far. Dinging all your cards at once will set off alarm bells at the bank, and they may abruptly lock your cards before you're done as a fraud precaution.
Even much less than that can make it much easier than having nothing. If I had to run away right now, I would strongly prefer having $50 over $0.

Last edited by Andreas; 02-11-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote