View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #79
whswhs

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#39): Daredevil, Luck, Super Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
The baseline rules aren't realistic at all. They are highly cinematic. Considering that you were saying that you preferred a more realistic style of play than Kromm, it's odd that you would choose the highly cinematic campaign switches.
Your definition of "cinematic" seems to be synonymous with what the RAW call "realistic": That is, the baseline rules without any of the designated cinematic options in force. And your definition of "realism" seems to be the baseline rules with many or all of the "harsh realism" rules turned on. At this point I think you've moved the goalposts so far that we aren't even talking about the same thing.

As for the campaign incident you refer to, it's possible that I misunderstood the rules; but my recollection is that the injury level was "crippling" rather than "dismemberment." There is no rule that explicitly says that a crippling injury as such removes the limb. The consequence of crippling for a leg is some form of Lame. The character was able to see a surgeon, who was able to prevent the leg from being lost and instead have it be a bad leg, which is still a lesser level within Lame. (The character also ended up with Addiction to laudanum, as a free bonus!) I think what I was doing was minor variant interpretations within the RAW; it would have been perfectly RAW for the crippled guy to end up with Bad Leg in the first place.

Oh, and did I mention that this was a swashbuckling martial arts campaign?

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote