View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 03:47 AM   #3
Tomsdad

Default Re: TG "applying CP" and bladed weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Yes, this. When you do an armed grapple with (say) the cutting edge of a sword, if you're rolling 1d+2 CP, and roll a 4, you inflict 6 CP and do 3 HP of damage.

Yep. That's what the rules say.
Cheers!

(Originally my quote) And just quickly, take a weapon which is both Impaling and Bladed.

You stab your target for say 4 points of damage, if you leave it there (and keep a hold of it) you get 4CP for active and referred control, but do you also then inflict 2 points of basic cutting damage as well?[/quote]

Quote:
I don't think there are any weapons that do both cutting and impaling damage.
I might be missing something but all daggers and swords with points?

Quote:
I'd make you pick one, if there were. If you want to use it as an impaling weapon, you use the rules on p. 15 for Impaling.

As noted, no. Pick an attack mode.
Cool, cheers.

Quote:
One thing that is not on the list that I'm shocked didn't get suggested is to overtly apply direct damage after grappling with a cutting weapon - if you want to do this, use the rules for the garotte (p. 32). You may actually roll hit using weapon skill or an appropriate unarmed grappling skill. Damage is 1:1 by spending CP, x1.5 for cutting (x2 for cutting to the neck). No hit location penalty applies if you're attacking an area already grappled.
Cool cheers, this fits nicely into sentry removal (and is the effect I was going for with Impaling and bladed working together at the same time).
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote