View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 04:32 AM   #1
Tomsdad

Default TG "applying CP" and bladed weapons

Just checking when armed grappling with a "bladed" weapon you inflict 1 point of basic cutting damage for every 2 CP "applied".

But what counts as applied?

Is it CP inflicted i.e ones you accumulate when grappling?

or

Is it CP you spend on doing various things after you have accumulated them?

I've been doing the former (and damage occurs when the CP are rolled upon a successful grapple), is this right?

And just quickly, take a weapon which is both Impaling and Bladed.

You stab your target for say 4 points of damage, if you leave it there (and keep a hold of it) you get 4CP for active and referred control, but do you also then inflict 2 points of basic cutting damage as well?

I ask because that normally you'd need to successfully grapple to inflict the extra cutting injury from a bladed weapon, but in this case you'd get the extra cutting damage as a by-product* of CP automatically gained after a successfully thrusting attack that already inflicted Imp damage?

I'd allow following up armed grappling attacks with that embedded weapon either way to increase those CP (and allow more cutting damage to inflicted due to it being bladed)

*but then the CP is already an automatic extra anyway so I guess the precedent has been sent, and you're trading that ability to attack normally with the weapon and losing the use of the hand holding it for anything else while its in your target getting these benefits. Also in terms or raw damage half CP in cutting is going to be less than what you'd be dishing out using it to make regular attacks, unless you getting an awful lot of trained ST bonus (and especially if it's a one handed one weapon).

(yes got to thinking after reading the sentry removal thread)

Last edited by Tomsdad; 11-08-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote