View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 06:30 AM   #7
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: Steampunk Character concept

The intent of the Wild Talent is for the JoAT to be able to, in a pinch, come up with a useful skill that no one else has. I somewhat dislike the idea though that the person gets one skill roll, and then when a similar situation arises in the future the person can't remember that skill (which is why I was trying to cobble together the Retention, Retention Only modifiers). Reawakened may be a better fit, possibly with a Pact (Niche protection).

I'm not actually familiar with Wooster and Jeeves, but that does sound like the kind of relationship I'm envisioning. 'Wooster' may have Status 3 and Very Wealthy (40 points in total), plus Savoir-Faire, Connoisseur and one or more additional Languages, while Jeeves has Unfazeable, possibly Indomitable, and the Sense of Duty or Code of Honor (perhaps even Fanatacism (Provide service to my master), and gets him out of binds. The issue is that 'Wooster' has to have some specific competence, because I don't believe any of my players would enjoy playing a bumbling baffoon. I had considered making him a baffoon in public with Secret (Spy), but then points will start getting tight when one or more of Rank, Legal Immunity and/or Security Clearance getting added.

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 08-09-2011 at 07:13 AM.
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote