View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #15
cvannrederode

Default Re: [Basic] Disadvantage of the week: Bad Temper and Berserk

My tale has Berserk leading to the party meeting Halfling nuns. No, really.

We have a younger player (James) in our group, who's RP repertoire runs from "Hit it with a stick" to "shot it with a firearm". Good kid, but he's just that kind of player.

In my Banestorm campaign, he was playing a fighter type. The group was starting off in Caithness, and the violence was taking it's time finding them. So he was bored; spent most of the session trying to get another person (PC / NPC) to spar with him. Near the end of the session, the NPC Dwarf agreed to it. What he didn't tell her, or anyone else, was that he had berserk as a disadvantage. The mock combat proceeded normally, until the Dwarf landed a hit. It was to "first blood" (there was a healer mage in the group), but he failed his CR.

Eventually, I GM fiated a pastille of calming into the alchemist's inventory, to allow him another CR (which he passed). Bows had been drawn, and a ST17 crossbow was loaded at that point.

The Dwarf had landed a crippling blow to his knee (didn't stop him). Last die roll of the session was him rolling 18 on this crippling injury recovery.

---------------------------

They were in Halfling country, and the mage didn't know Recovery, nor did they have the cash to buy a casting...

They left him in a local (Halfling) Convent, that takes the lame and very ill, to recover. James plays a Halfling thief/archer now.
cvannrederode is offline   Reply With Quote