View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #206
malloyd

Default Re: Lucy's Choice: Let's make Lucifer Parallels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
If I wanted to use this premise, I think I would say that the total CP value of each night's monster spawn would be something like 5 CP per human in the local population. Thus a settlement might collectively face a swarm of small monsters or a single boss, whike cites would still duffer much larger invasions.
Alternately, you could have it happen less often. Move the first event back a week to June 23 1998 and have it recur on the first new moon after each solstice or equinox. Lots of people die on that first day, it doesn't happen again until October, which as a surprise recurrence also kills a lot of people, thereafter the survivors see the pattern, and can spend 3 months stockpiling ammunition and the like for each attack. With more reasonable preparation (and injury recovery!) time like that, the annual death rate may be low enough for population replacement to keep up.

As a bonus, it becomes possible to actually *use* this world-line for something in an IW game - i.e. I can set an adventure there using the recurrence date as a deadline, and reasonably run a missions there that will last more than one or two days.

Last edited by malloyd; 07-08-2017 at 04:11 PM.
malloyd is offline   Reply With Quote