View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 12:53 AM   #20
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Realm Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
Thanks for letting me know. I've had problems lately with emails getting through, so wanted to make sure it hadn't somehow been mistakenly blocked. For example, I have a story set in one of my GURPS worlds that's scheduled to be published in an anthology in February. But the accepted story almost got dropped because, while I signed and returned the contract the day I got it, my response got lost somewhere in Internet space.

To avoid confusion, I think it would be helpful if Steve Jackson Games let those who weren't chosen know, even if with a generic email. It could be something like, "We appreciate your interest in our playtest. Unfortunately, we sometimes have more applicants than we have slots to fill," etc.
That's not my call. Generally, as far as I can remember for public playtests they've never done that. If you don't get a welcome message you're not in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Just a brief note to say that I'm excited about this project! Can't wait to see what comes out the other side...
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk926 View Post
Yeah, we need something to bridge the gap between Cities and Planets.
It actually (as of the pre-playtest draft) can cover those too. The goal is to be able to cover Game of Thrones as much as Dune. At least that's what I went into it trying to do.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote