View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #149
Daigoro

Default Re: Shared space setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
27) How have nations developed?

A) Regional or identity politics dominates leading to smaller states or occasionally loose confederations of independent states built on language or culture.

B) Moderate tendency toward consolidation leading to relatively tight confederations dominated by one or two major powers.

C) Strong tendency toward consolidation leading to the formation of large federal states.
27) Just to be difficult, I'd actually go with D- All of the above, with a different tendency dominating in each system, probably depending on each of their individual historical circumstances. This is how I'd characterise modern Earth, substituting systems for continents. Also, I'm not sure how we can reconcile answer C especially, but B as well, with our votes for questions 19 and 20-
Quote:
19) The typical colonial government controls:
C) a single region (or equivalent) or 1-5 small bodies or habitats.

19) eight votes. A 0, B 1, C 7
Colonies occupy selected regions of large bodies or small groups of habitats or minor bodies.

20) How much autonomy does a typical colony have?
B) colonies control their internal affairs but remain subordinate to outside interests.

20) eight votes. A 2, B 6, C 0
Most colonies are autonomous but not fully independent.
The votes for these point more towards splittist tendencies than confederalist, with more, smaller states than few, large ones, I'd've thought.

Quote:
28) What is the balance of power within the UN?

A) The security council completely dominates the organisation, the general assembly is an ineffectual talking shop.

B) Both entities have significant influence but the balance of power is in favour the security council.

C) Both entities have significant influence but the balance of power is in favour of the general assembly.

D) The security council is irrelevant/ abolished.
28) D- It was recognised as being a boys' club with too much power in too few hands and not representing the interests of the majority of the world, so was abolished.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote