View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #66
tshiggins

Default Re: Shared space setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
New questions and its time to build up the details on the tech:

10) the setting assumes fairly widespread augmentation how does this manifest?
I'll go with 10b, for this one. Since we don't have aliens, let's go with full-on Ghost in the Shell, with K-10 uplifts and even rebellious apes (or their equivalents)!

Quote:
11) is this a 'high biotech' setting?
Yes, to the extent that TL10 biotech counts as such. Again, no cellular regeneration immortality, but yes to uplifts, bioshells and full-on cybershells.

Quote:
12) is dry nanotech part of the setting?
No. It's too much, and the ability to transform anything into anything else, ruins the need for interstellar trade.

Quote:
13) what does our FTL system look like? how is it limited?
I'll go with 13c, here, for the reasons I articulated, before. If FTL engines are expensive to build, but cheap to operate, then the setting has older, used starships available for the PCs to own and use (or mis-use) as they see fit.

That means (as long as no FTL communications exist), tramp merchants with adventure cargoes can make a decent, if somewhat irregular, living, by running between colony planets and the more remote habitat systems the big merchant operations don't bother to serve.

Last edited by tshiggins; 02-24-2017 at 02:33 PM.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote