View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 01:42 AM   #4
Canology

Default Re: 13 bad guys needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Those point totals may be low, but for street-level one-power henchmen from Henchmen For Hire, they may be valid.

However, the key with NPCs is not so much their point value as it is the final numbers. Do you want a guy with Guns (Pistol)-12, Brawling-12, and a .357 Magnum revolver (a veteran street thug); a guy with Karate-14, Innate Attack (Breath)-16, and a flame jet attack doing 6d×2 burn var (Fire Lad of the Legion of Substitute Heroes); a guy with an Alternate Form (Stone) that gives Super ST 20/110, DR 20, and Numb (Stone Boy of the Subs); or a girl with Insubstantiality (Partial; Reflexive) and Karate-16 (Shadowcat at age 16)?
Yes. :)

Any of those would work. I just know my own design style, and I want to be surprised by some cool ideas I may not have thought of. And I gave the non-powers points to give them attributes and skills that fit their concept.

A 700 pt henchman would utterly destroy the whole party of 50 - 200 pt mostly* regular folks who make up the dimension hopping party. I want guys that they have to really work at trying to take out, possibly one at a time, with locals helping to gang up.

* They have access to some minor magic and modern weapons, but only a couple have any military background.