View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #41
vierasmarius

Default Re: Help needed with leveled powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunker View Post
Yeah I'm going to change that. Though how I'm not sure. He can't use it on plants or the undead I'm pretty sure. Basically he can't use it on "mindless" creatures rather than non-sentient ones AFAIK.
I think Mind Control not working on Mindless creatures is pretty standard, and doesn't merit a further limitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomasz View Post
I'd go with Magic Resistance and DR, both with Force Field +20% and Active Defense, -40%, making them work like DX-based parry (that just doesn't prevent being hit, but adds MR or DR if successful).
I was going to suggest that as well, except that (if I understand the OP's intent) he wants a power that can be activated as normal, giving a short-duration magic resistance effect, or activated instantly to defend against an incoming spell. Active Defense gives a power that can only be used on the defensive; he'd have to roll every time a spell comes at him, instead of being able to set the ward in place for a duration.

But yeah, adding Magic DR would also be a good idea, letting him resist damaging spells and powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunker View Post
Sounds good too. Where do I find Active Defense? BS?
It's in Powers, page 112 (as a variant of Requires Attribute Roll).

Last edited by vierasmarius; 05-01-2012 at 09:12 AM.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote