View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 06:57 AM   #58
fantell

Default Re: Playing GURPS with Fantasy Grounds

ok, so, Ronnke, I have a confession to make. I kind of found and stole your work from githhub sometime in the first half of last year, and bastardized a semi-working copy of the character sheet, well enough that I switched all my games over to it by hand. It was hands down a massive improvement over the old character sheet.

Mind you, that's not an apology, just an admission of guilt. I'd do it again if I had to, though now that this is out officially and with more function, I'm super excited to be using it.

I'm glad to have it working so smoothly, with so many features that make stacking modifiers easy to add to a roll.

My wizard players are loving the spell note tags, they can copy-paste spell descriptions in every time they cast a spell for the first time and never need look it up more than once.

The fighters are loving the dropdown menus for modifiers on the weapons, both for damage and modifiers.

I love it because I can easily add notes directly to the characters sheets about various things that only matter to that character.

NPC character sheets are brilliant. only problem I have now is that I was using the old version for so long that I never put the NPC's in fantasy grounds any more. I just made up numbers for each fight as I went, and had at most a few lines written down afterwards for each NPC that might be a recurring character.

now that I've said all that, I almost feel a little ungrateful for saying this next bit (Almost, anyway):

I don't suppose there is any chance of you implementing the range modifier on the pointer like it was on the old one? It was handy not having to actually look sideways at my awkwardly placed GM screen every other round to double check myself. If not, no matter, but it is the ONE thing that I miss from the old product.
fantell is offline   Reply With Quote