View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #22
The_Ryujin

Default Re: [Low-Tech] Chinese Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Not to mention why a full-caliber lead ball has the same range as 100 smaller sub-caliber shot from the Long-Range-Awe-Inspiring Gun.
Ok with the Long Range Awe Inspiring Gun, if we assume that your assumption that it's got a caliber of 58mm and that the damage of 7d-1 is correct then that means each scatter shot round is about 12.7mm which, if we treat it as shotshell, gives me a half damage range of 63.5 and max range of 1,270 and 0.67 die of damage. So it looks like everything adds up... except for the half damage range. So either Bill either accidentally use NP×10 for the half damage range or the Gun Design System rules for scatter shot had changed since High-Tech.

Now to figure out what's going one with the Long Range Gun's range with a full sized shot, I ran the numbers through Doug's spread sheet (I have the 2013 version). This got me a half damage range of 884 and a max range of 3,222. Doug's sheet does give different values for range then the formula used in house, but it is within the same ball park so I think it's safe to say that the range listed in Low-Tech is a copy past error.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote