View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
nik1979

Default Re: Define a Maneuver

thanks for the response the_matrix_walker, hope you can understand my confusion. I was editing Lite for my own games (compressing it into a cellphone readable size) when a use of rapid strike in a previous game began confusing me (and I was familiar with the same rule because it was already tackled in the forums). When exceptions to the rules began happening, the consequences are that the definition of what is a maneuver and an "a"ttack began getting mixed up.

It was easy to let people learn lite, and remove some options but when some maneuvers began acting like "a"ttacks things can get confusing. Maneuver Options was similar to Stance options in other game systems, and when Maneuvers were being used as "a"ttacks it can get confusing and cluttered.

When I would explain to a newbie, "A"ttack Maneuver vs "a"ttacks it was simple to just say "A"ttack Manuever "Standard" Attack Maneuver vs An "a"ttack and to Explain the difference between "a"ttack options vs maneuver options.

note that some "readying" techniques can be defined as realistic even with large weapons. In my Kali training the reflexive whirls allowed me to change grip while watching my opponent, in Wushu staff twirls served the same purpose even allowing the practitioner to hide the grip, expend the momentum, relax the grip to conserving their energy, and while observing. These twirls and shifts are trained to be reflexive, so you may need a second to elapse to expend the momentum but you an maintain guard.

In fire-arms, its pretty much chamber clearing while observing the battle field taking a Wait maneuver but performing a "fast-draw" action in case the trigger does not occur. Its reloading reflexively and by touch.

So if one exception is made, how about something more plausible and actually more common: Evaluate or Wait while readying and moving.
MIB#2428

Last edited by nik1979; 04-14-2013 at 07:41 AM.
nik1979 is offline   Reply With Quote