View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
GEVJockey

Default Re: Point values of armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by msloan View Post
It has been a long time since I have played, and I want to get back into Ogre and GEV. I note mention of the value of armor in these games, but I do not seem to have a points list for the equipment. Are most of the units simply worth one point, and a few such as the "supertanks" worth two? Or am I missing something?
For a while, standard units had a value of 6, some were worth 3, some more. Henry Cobb's calculators were based on this. Looking at the beta copy of the 6e rules, it looks like we're going back to the simpler, unit based armor points. Units are typically worth 1 armor point. Light GEVs and Light Tanks are worth 1/2 armor points, SHVY (super heavy tank), HWZ (howitzer), and MHWZ (mobile howitzer) are worth 2 points, and Cruise Missile Crawlers are 3 points.

In a scenario, you will typically given an amount of armor units and can then select units until your budget is met.

A copy of the draft rules for 6e can be found in a link in Ogre Kickstarter update 22.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...1?ref=activity

Last edited by GEVJockey; 05-08-2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Added link to update 22
GEVJockey is offline   Reply With Quote