View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #41
David Johansen

Default Re: 6e Car Wars, what do you want to see

Well, 1/64 has its issues, not the least of which is that most 1/64 cars ain't 1/64 they're whatever fit in the package. I like HO or N for Car Wars.

But be that as it may, let's look at the game.

2d6 roll over target number to hit is solid and should stay. Indeed I'd like to see it used for control rolls.

The turning key works fine and is a staple of Car Wars. In any case I want a Litko turning key. I think the handling track would need to go.

Second by second phased movement is probably too much. I think it would be best to just go to a one second turn. That would allow maneuver and hazard penalties to be tracked without a counter. Sure it makes initiative a bit of an issue but I think it would make sense to have cars move in order of their speed and allow a reaction / interrupt roll to prevent really ridiculous ramming strategies.

Damage is another tough one. Ablative armor is too much record keeping. I'd probably go to straight DR and internal structure. Depending on how fast / big the games are meant to be I'd even suggest damage markers and a small random chart.

Vehicle design should be pretty close to what it was though. I'd probably want rules for mecha and powered armor and ninjas but that's just me.
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote